Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Mom

Just thought I would I dedicate an entire post to one of the most special people in my life, my Mom. 

us, Lombard Street, San Francisco circa 2009. (*note, a little 16 week old Isla in the oven)

My mom is one wonderful woman. She's kind, generous, spirited, sensitive, giving, supportive, determined, strong, faithful, loving and so much more. I am so thankful that she's MY mom. In my adulthood, and more specifically, since having my own ladies, my relationship with my mom has grown exponentially in strength and depth. Her generosity is unparalleled and I am so appreciative of all she does for my family. Babysitting, dinners out, girls weekends, date nights and kind words. Our relationship has gone from mother-daughter to great, life-long friends and really, what more could I ask for? I hope one day, my girls can look at me and call me a friend too. 


She's an inspiration to me on so many levels, but one main thing: she's a fighter. She fights for what she wants and her determination and drive are both admirable and encouraging. She has battled cancer at several points in her life and has always come out on top (she's kicked cancer's ass!). I am just so proud of her. I have learned a lot from my mom and after becoming a mom myself, my appreciation and understanding of her soared to new heights. There are things we do differently, most certainly, but there are definitely things I have learned from her and have incorporated them into my own parenting. 


All this to say that I am so incredibly blessed beyond measure to have the mom I have and one day, I want Isla and Annie to say that about me. Love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. You're mom must be pretty awesome, because she raised a pretty fabulous daughter!

    ReplyDelete