Monday, December 12, 2011

I turn 27.

This past Saturday, December 10th was my 27th birthday! All I can say is this was pretty much the best birthday yet! It began with a delicious breakfast out at Socrates... the local dive in St. Albert. We were just planning to take Isla swimming after breakfast, so I thought we had all the time in the world... until Cam informed me when our meal arrived that we had officially 5 minutes to eat until we needed to be somewhere. I was clueless. It wasn't until we pulled into Sweet Momma when I realized what the agenda actually was! Cam had surprised me with a Spa Package at Sweet Momma (a spa designed especially for pregnant women) called Luscious Mama... a massage, a facial AND a pedicure! It. Was. Glorious! The massage was on a heated waterbed and lasted an entire 60 minutes... I was in heaven! For those of you who have been pregnant, you understand the toll it takes on one's body. This massage was absolute bliss. I was then led to the room where my facial would happen... 60 minutes of relaxation and skin hydration. Not to mention a head massage. It was incredible. And then all of this followed up with a pedicure? I couldn't believe it! It was just perfect... and my husband is the most amazing man of all time! I am blessed.

The rest of the day consisted of an eggnog latte, a couple hours of house cleaning and then a night out with the one I love... Cam. (a big shout out to Chris, Nicole, Maddie and Kenzie for babysitting Isla... I know she had a blast!). We went out for Thai food... my absolute favorite! The King and I on Whyte Ave... it was delicious. We followed that up with a brownie and lemon poppyseed cake at Vi's for Pies and then a drive down Candy Cane Lane. It truly was such a perfect day... I am so blessed to have such an incredible husband and daughter... and of course, my friends and family who bombarded me with such kind words, cards and gifts! Thanks to everyone who made me feel like the most special person in the world!
Us (and my baby belly).

Outside.

At The King and I... awaiting our feast and enjoying each other's company.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Cam for planning such a great day! Also, Jill, I'm digging the mama-cleave ;0

    ReplyDelete