Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2 Ingredient Pancakes!

As I was surfing various food blogs (which is for sure my favorite kind of blog to read), I came across 2 ingredient pancakes. I love pancakes but rarely eat them as they seem both a) way to much work to make and b) they sit funny in tummy afterwards. But when I came across these, I thought: "These are easy and are made from 2 of my favorite things anyway"! So this morning, I made them. THEY WERE DELICIOUS. AND EASY. AND SAT GREAT IN MY TUM TUM!

Recipe:
1/2 cup of mashed banana (which was one medium sized banana)
2 eggs

Mash up the banana very well. Add the 2 eggs and mix well. Heat up a frying pan on medium to low heat and either spray the pan or oil it (I used 1/8 teaspoon of coconut oil). Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the pan and cook. It was about a minute or 2 each side. Recipe yielded 4 pancakes.

I topped my pancakes with 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of almond butter. MMMMM.

They were so tasty! Definitely a once a week breaky for sure!

Other toppings to try in the future:

coconut
pecans
berries
chocolate chips (mixed into the batter)

*Note: they are not fluffy like regular pancakes. They are thin but have a nice texture and a delightful banana flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment