Monday, September 3, 2012

Blenting...

I have created a new term. Blenting. It is a blog post in which the sole intent behind it is to vent about something. There you have it, Blenting. Last night, as I was awake for the 4th or 5th time, it came to me.
Now, I realize there are FAR worse things in this world than a lack of sleep, but seriously, exhaustion sucks. After several weeks of Annie blissfully sleeping through the night, I feel as though she has rapidly regressed to being a newborn again. She is eating TWICE a night (like, really kid??) and is up other times due to teeth, a leaking diaper (she was soaked to her neck last night, which meant a diaper change, a blanket change, a sheet change and one grumpy baby). Now if that's not bad enough, Isla is also getting up (for what, I have no idea). She was up twice last night. TWICE. So, between Isla and Annie, we (Cam and I) are up like 6 or 7 times. It's exhausting. And those who know me well know that sleep is essential to my existence. I can already feel my spirit dipping, my energy levels decreasing, and my overall attitude changing into one of self-pity and annoyance. I know "this too shall pass" but I am hoping & praying it passes sooner than later. Seriously. It's taking it's toll.

(that was a depressing post... sorry everyone)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry pal....you will get throught this! Don't ever forget that despite this backslide, you are an amazing mom:)

    ReplyDelete