Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Weekend of Dates

What can I say? This past weekend was a perfect one! It kinda started last Sunday when Cam told me he had planned a special date for us for Friday night. He said I could even wear a dress (that's when you know it's a real good one). So Friday came, and boy was I pumped! I got all gussied up and awaited the arrival of... JERSEY BOYS! If you have all been living under a rock for a while, it's a Broadway show traveling through Edmonton, playing at the Jubilee. Now, if you know me, you know I love musicals. Everything about them... the costumes, the staging, the acting, the whole experience and of course, THE MUSIC! And really, does it get any better than seeing "Sherry" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" (think of Heath Ledger singing it to Julia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate About You) sung live... granted it was NOT sung by the original Four Seasons but these 4 gents were quite the talented bunch. It was the story as the aforementioned group, Four Seasons, later known as Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. The story chronicles four guys from New Jersey who started singing under lamp posts and how they got to selling 175 million records worldwide. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. There are no words really. The date started with a dinner at the Pourhouse on Whyte, followed by a sub par dessert at Block 1912 (we were disappointed) and then of course, the amazingly amazing show. The best part of the date was the fact that Cam planned THE WHOLE THING... he found the sitter, picked the show (knowing full well it was totally in my wheelhouse) and surprised me with the plan. It was absolutely wonderful doing something like with Cam... we've never gone to a show like that before. Needless to say, Cam thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Worth every penny for sure and I recommend ANYONE see it, even if you are unfamiliar with the music. The talent is outrageous. It's funny, dramatic, heart wrenching, interesting AND you can bust a move in your seat. Does it get any better than that? It was the perfect evening! I wanna go again...





Then on Saturday, after a wonderful family day at the Strathcona Market and Whyte Ave with our ladies (and a wiener roast), I thought "I'm gonna take Isla to Vi's for Pies". And so I did. I explained to her that it was Mommy's favorite place in the whole wide world and that she could pick out ANY dessert she wanted and that it was a special date, just for Isla and Mommy. She was soooo cute and I know that she was excited! So, I of course order my peanut butter mousse pie (it's been MIA the past few times I've been) and Isla picked Lemon Poppyseed Cake... my third favorite. We sat on the patio and just hung out. We sang our ABC's, we talked about Justin Bieber, we laughed, we took photos together. I surprised myself at how much fun it really was! She is such a little girl now, with a unique personality and it was like I was out with one of my girlfriends! So much fun... man, I love her so insanely much. We will DEFINITELY do it again! 





2 comments:

  1. Yay for fun dates! Sounds like a fabulous weekend for you and the fam, Jill! So happy for you :)
    As our girls get older we'll have to plan dates together with our little ladies (like the time we went to Duchess and they daintily munched on Macarons).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur Becky! We must plan for a Saturday afternoon date... You & Livi (& Oscar too), Amy & Wren and Isla & I at Duchess or Vi's or something! It would be ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete