Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Really Good Reading

So, I have been quite busy lately, and as you can see, my blogging has suffered significantly. I just have not had time nor ideas to blog about. Until now. One of my friends and fellow Bloggers (yes Becky, I am talking about you) often writes about books she is reading, has read etc... and I think it is a splendid idea. So, I have decided to borrow the idea :) Just for today. Or maybe not.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


I absolutely loved this book! This is the first book I have read by Sara Gruen and all I can say is that it is fantastically written, very engrossing and just an incredible story. As most of you may know, it has also been made into a movie which was released on April 22. The movie stars Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattison (aka Edward Cullen) and Christoph Waltz (the insanely psycho villian from Inglorious Basterds). I read this book at a rapid pace... I simply could not put it down. It has romance, mystery, evil and despair. I don't want to give anything away... all I can say is that it certainly is a must read event. Get ready to fall in love with Jacob Jakowski... and the circus. And elephants. 
And now, I leave you with this... an incredibly handsome photo of Christoph Waltz. He is so dreamy. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to share my (totally original) idea with you!
    And what the what?! Christoph Waltz IS SO DREAMY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read this book in a flash, and agree with you that it is fantastic! However, I don't love the casting for the movie (Christopher Waltz aside, of course), and I'm hesitant to go see it...I always find that the movie is never as good as the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Jill, have you read One Day by David Nicholls? I'm in love with it, and it is also getting made into a movie starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturridge, coming out this summer. Trust me, you will love it! Read it next! (if you haven't already)

    ReplyDelete