1. Creamy Almond Butter -
I literally eat a jar a week. On anything. In anything. With a spoon. It is delicious. A few of my go-to snacks: a plain rice cake with this, topped with a drizzle of honey or a scoop of vanilla Greek Yogurt and a heaping teaspoon of this vigorously mixed in. So darn good.
2. Protein Pancakes -
I came across these recently and haven't been able to stray! I have a sweet tooth and starting my day off with these deliciously tasty pancakes help satisfy that craving. I top them with *SHOCK* almond butter and eat. They are perfection! And healthy to boot!
• 1/3 cup rolled oats
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. In a bowl, mix together ingredients.
2. Preheat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in half of the batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
3. Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
4. Once cooked through, top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or anything else your heart desires.
This recipe yields 2 big, banana-y pancakes. *drool*
Oh man, I LOVE food blogs. Love them. I read them nightly and have come across so many delicious recipes, including my protein pancakes :) Here are my top 3:
Peanut Butter Fingers
Carrots 'N' Cake
Eating Bird Food
4. Balsamic Vinegar + Oregano + Tomatoes = Best Combination Ever
Not much more to say here. My lunch today: the aforementioned ingredients plus spinach, chickpeas, zuchini and salt and pepper. I have leftovers and I can hardly wait for tomorrow's lunch! Yum a yum!
5. Mirrors - By Justin Timberlake
Since I didn't want to sound like a piggy, I figured I better include something non-food related in this post. I love JT. Always have. Always will. And I can hardly wait for his album, 20/20 to drop on March 19th. This song is his second single from the album and it is A-MAZING. SO much better than Suit & Tie (which I also love but just does not compare). I listen to it while I cook, while I work out... it's just so dang good. Give it a listen on iTunes.
(well, hello there JT)What are some of your favorite things?